Mission Statement: Friends of UW Health is a not-for-profit organization committed to supporting patient and family-centered care at UW Health. Through its grant program Friends provides funding to UW Health programs and services that embrace and fulfill this mission.
UW Health Funding Guidelines
- Friends of UW Health will fund startup money for new projects or programs.
- Friends of UW Health funds projects that are not financed through operating budgets.
- Programs that Friends of UW Health has supported annually will be reviewed upon request for funding.
- Friends does not administer or physically maintain projects or programs.
- Funding is typically not granted for the following:
- Staff salaries and benefits
- Consultant fees
- Standard departmental equipment (capital)
- Research projects
- Video productions
- Furniture, aquariums, carpeting, murals, room décor, and other aesthetic goods.
- Funds are provided during the fiscal year of the grant award and should be spent by June 30.
- Friends encourages progress reports from grant recipients.
Addition to grant application
If a grant requestor received funding from Friends in the past, a progress report on the initial grant is required.
- Application period is open year round
- Applications are due December 1
- Friend of UW Health Board approval at February board meeting
- Review approved funds with UW Health leadership February
- Allocate funds in February
- Funds must be spent by June 30